Old 15-11-2009, 02:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
William Rose[_3_] William Rose[_3_] is offline

Default A moment for Veterans Day

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

little billy writes:
Semper Fi

Our citizens who rally to the defense of our country deserve
special praise, but what do they get, beside a few glib remarks?

Political BS snipped..........

What was snipped is,
"Semper Fi

Our citizens who rally to the defense of our country deserve special
praise, but what do they get, beside a few glib remarks?

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...CLES/911099924
Younger vets entering ranks of the homeless

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125747341095832795.html
Since the start of the Afghan war in 2001, the base (Fort Hood) has lost
hundreds of soldiers in combat. More alarmingly to many senior
commanders there, the base has also lost at least 75 of its soldiers to
suicide, one of the heaviest such tolls in the U.S. military.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=51373
Modern Warfare 2 headed for biggest video game launch

A more deserving gesture, would be to bring our boys and girls home,
now."

This day, because of their service, we need to reaffirm that veteran's
(our boys and girls) deserve the best care available to treat their
wounds, and aid to find housing and employment.

Secondly, I find it despicable that warfare is now a game, simple
entertainment, and it's release date is Veteran's Day. This is no way to
honor our fallen, or our veterans.

Support our troops. Bring them home.

Support our troops. Bring them home.

Hmmm. According to you it is political bullshit to ask for support for
our boys and girls in uniform from the horrors (75 suicides at Fort Hood
alone this year) that they are exposed to when they are "stopped lossed"
for multiple tours in the Bush-Obama wars ?
You don't think veterans deserve psychiatric care?
You don't think veterans deserve the best medical care we can give them?
You don't think supporting our veterans in finding jobs and housing is
patriotic?

No, you think a video game, glorifying war (Modern Warfare 2), that
allows players to shoot civilians, is the way to show national
appreciation of our soldiers service?

If we had a point to prove in Iran or Iraq, I think we proved it. It's
past time to bring our boys and girls home.

You evade, dissemble, and wander from any subject you engage in, to
engage in ad hominem attacks and invectives for reasons that aren't
apparent to me. Your repeating of the big lie is all too apparent to
anyone who wants to go back and follow the thread.

You are contemptible.

http://www.ivaw.org/wintersoldier
--
Wildbilly