Old 16-11-2009, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Williams[_3_] Bob Williams[_3_] is offline

Default Humongus Hibiscus

Radar wrote:
"Bob Williams" wrote in message
My neighbor owns this Hibiscus plant.
The blossoms are the largest I've ever seen.
I'm not kidding.....They are about 9 inches in diameter
I've also never seen a hibiscus with this type of coloration.
I've gotta find out where he got it and get on
Enjoy........Bob Williams

Excellent photo, Bob.

Breeders have been coming up with some fantastic varieties of Hibiscus.
Several of the varieties we get in at the garden centre where I work have
flowers about 9 or 10 inches across, and some have the most unusual colours
I've ever seen.

This variety is called 'Veronica' and the 8-9" flowers show 4 distinct
colours - white, pink, lavender, and burgundy.

Regards,
Rick A

Thanks Rick, for the kind words and the "Heads-Up" on the Variety.
I'll check with the local Nurseries to see if they have any.
Bob
P.S. Your shot below is a Stunner.