Old 16-11-2009, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lofty Lofty is offline

Default OT bird feeding poles

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote
My wooden bird table is in a sad state, so I am looking to replace it. I
quite like the look of the poles, however there are so many to choose
from my head is spinning. Anyone with experience who can help me make a
good choice please? TIA

Some of the ones we looked at didn't have a long enough pole, once the
feeders were hanging off it the birds were in cat jumping range. Not that
ours bother with birds, too much like hard work for them but we did have
one around here that was a birder.
You also want one that can go into the ground a decent way or with heavy
feeders and a strong wind they get blown over.
A lot are made down to a price it seemed to me.
Alternatively, one of those metal post spikes that go into the ground, a
long wooden post and four hanging basket brackets screwed into the top for
hanging the feeders off. Something to cover over the top of the post to
keep it dry, flashing or similar. Job done.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

B & M Stores do a great bird feeder for £7-99p includes seed tray and water
bath plus three hangers.
nicely styled

lofty