Old 18-11-2009, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default OT bird feeding poles

On 2009-11-17 16:07:32 +0000, Granity
said:

'Sacha[_4_ Wrote:
;869866']On 2009-11-16 18:18:38 +0000, Broadback
said:
-
My wooden bird table is in a sad state, so I am looking to replace it.

I quite like the look of the poles, however there are so many to
choose
from my head is spinning. Anyone with experience who can help me make
good choice please? TIA-

We don't do them now but we used to stock some by Tom Chambers who do
quite a good range, I think. You might get some ideas there anyways:
http://tinyurl.com/ycc5cr7
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Our birds don't like pole hung feeders in the open because of the local
sparrow hawks, they much prefer the ones hung under the sloe tree.

Our sparrow hawks perched in the trees and just waited when we had
doves. It was like a sort of buffet for them... Horrible.