Old 19-11-2009, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Lisianthus

On 2009-11-19 13:50:47 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
said:

In message , Sacha
writes
Has anyone here grown Lisianthus outside, as opposed to in a greenhouse
or conservatory? We never have - we don't grow it at all - and I
always think of it as a florist's flower. I'm wondering how its quite
delicate flowers would stand up to wind and rain?

I haven't, but one of the ladies on the allotment site has. But I don't
remember how it did.

If you happen to see her, please could you ask her how well they stood
up to wind and rain? I'd love some in the garden but am not convinced
they'd be tough enough to take it!
--
Sacha