Old 20-11-2009, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Lisianthus

On 2009-11-20 07:53:55 +0000, Donwill said:

Sacha wrote:
Has anyone here grown Lisianthus outside, as opposed to in a greenhouse
or conservatory? We never have - we don't grow it at all - and I
always think of it as a florist's flower. I'm wondering how its quite
delicate flowers would stand up to wind and rain?

Quie a lot of info here, however, not sure if it exactly answers your question.

http://www.extension.umd.edu/publica...PDFs/FS770.pdf

Cheers
Don

Thanks, Don. It helps a lot. I see that it says that while they have
been grown without netting, it's not advisable as summer rain will
flatten them. Obviously this is production on a large scale for
selling on to florists but it does sound as if it's a bit of a faff!!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com