Old 23-11-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Heated Propagator

"Aries" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:27:25 -0000, mark wrote:

Firstly are these a gardener's 'must-have or are they the kitchen
equivalent
of a sandwich toaster that sits in the back of the cupboard?

mark

I've had one for years Mark and use it every early Spring for bringing on
seeds early before hardening off. I wouldn't be without it.

It has a dual use as during the Winter I line it with a comfy cushion and
my
cats sleep in it in an outside building, it keeps them warm and cosy ;-)

I haven't got a cat so perhaps I need to get one to maximise the benefit of
a propagator.

My next question is any tips on buying one. Seems to be a lot of choice out
there.
Or is getting a soil warming cable and a homemade tray a better option?

mark