Old 17-04-2003, 11:56 PM
jammer

Default Q. Lowest hardening plants temperature??????

On 17 Apr 2003 21:49:35 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Zone 5/6, Western Pa.. I've started tomatoes, moonflowers, pumpkins and castor
plants from seeds. They are no longer under the grow light. They all have their
second leaves.
I have them on a cart, push 'em out on the deck around noon, bring 'em in the
evening. My question.........what would be the lowest nighttime temperature
that I could leave them outside?

I can only vouch for tomatoes. You don't want to leave them out with
too many nights below 55 F. This will cause the flowers to fall off
and you won't have any tomatoes. This is general concensus and it has
happened to me when i was over zealous and couldn't wait to plant.

I would look up each individual plant via search engine to find when
to plant each one outside.