Old 28-11-2009, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Heated Propagator

In article , mark
writes
My next question is any tips on buying one. Seems to be a lot of choice out
there.
Or is getting a soil warming cable and a homemade tray a better option?

mark

I use a heated tray type affair with 4 propagators on top but also a
deep tray filled with sand and a soil cable. Personally i have found
sticking the cuttings straight into the sand without any top more
successful than the trays with lids and bottom heat.
However for germination they are very good!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph