Old 29-11-2009, 04:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Good news and bad news

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Two weeks ago I took off the crop from our early apricot. They were
beautiful, juicy and luscious. Yesterday I checked the middle apricot
(the next one due to ripen) and found they were ripening already where
normally they wouldn't be ready for another 2 weeks. Sadly in the last
week the dreaded fly has arrived and caught me by surprise. I had to
destroy most of them. Sigh.

:-(( You have my sympathy for the loss of your apricots.

You get frost where you live? I've often wondered if I could get a crop of
apricots here but wonder about our savage and frequently late frosts.