Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice2 View Post
Sorry I gorgot to mention, when I bought the tree I dug it up and brought it home and planted it straight away on the same day. It has been perfectly fine since then and only started to turn brown in the last month.
You might do better to buy one from a plant centre, where it has been container grown to be transplanted, rather than a xmas tree farm where it is dug up as a short term decoration.

A bog standard Norway spruce isn't a very nice garden tree anyway in many circumstances. They are very fast growing, become very large, and aren't specially decorative. You can get nicer things from garden centres that are suitable for smaller sites, ie won't grow so fast, and also are more decorative.