Old 01-12-2009, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Small Commercial Polytunnel wanted.

In article ,
says...
Hi, can anyone in the group advise on a small commercial grade polytunnel.
10ft to 15ft in length. I have had bad experiences with sunday magazine
rubbish but wondered if the suppliers of nurseries go down to this size.
Thanks Mike.

Tunnels are usually in multiples of 8 feet lengths full covers are for 64
foot tunnels but I notice these days you can by off the roll so shorter
is possible.
Its easier and cheaper to buy new
Fordingbridge and Northern are both good makes.
14 foot wide is the smallest size but if you can fit it in the 18 foots
are easier to work in as you can get closer to the sides without bending,
The Euro style tunnels are more straight sided
Use plenty of Hot spot tape and covers last 7 years+ these days
If you are in a windy place trench the covers in (you need bigger covers
but its stronger and less preparation on the ground)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk