Old 30-11-2009, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Small Commercial Polytunnel wanted.

Hi, can anyone in the group advise on a small commercial grade polytunnel.
10ft to 15ft in length. I have had bad experiences with sunday magazine
rubbish but wondered if the suppliers of nurseries go down to this size.
Thanks Mike.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone in the group advise on a small commercial grade polytunnel.
10ft to 15ft in length. I have had bad experiences with sunday magazine
rubbish but wondered if the suppliers of nurseries go down to this size.
Thanks Mike.

If you can find a defunct framework, you can get the plastic cover from
http://www.plasticsbypost.co.uk/hort...thene-13-c.asp

(There are some out of use tunnels, plastic long since gone, here on the
Isle of Wight if you are "that" local. Ferry fares would mean you would have
to be a Premium Bond winner today to make it worth while. Be OK when we get
the bridge)

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Tunnels are usually in multiples of 8 feet lengths full covers are for 64
foot tunnels but I notice these days you can by off the roll so shorter
is possible.
Its easier and cheaper to buy new
Fordingbridge and Northern are both good makes.
14 foot wide is the smallest size but if you can fit it in the 18 foots
are easier to work in as you can get closer to the sides without bending,
The Euro style tunnels are more straight sided
Use plenty of Hot spot tape and covers last 7 years+ these days
If you are in a windy place trench the covers in (you need bigger covers
but its stronger and less preparation on the ground)

--

You could check these people on line --

http://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/home.asp

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone in the group advise on a small commercial grade polytunnel.
10ft to 15ft in length. I have had bad experiences with sunday magazine
rubbish but wondered if the suppliers of nurseries go down to this size.
Thanks Mike.

If you can find a defunct framework, you can get the plastic cover from
http://www.plasticsbypost.co.uk/hort...thene-13-c.asp

(There are some out of use tunnels, plastic long since gone, here on the
Isle of Wight if you are "that" local. Ferry fares would mean you would have
to be a Premium Bond winner today to make it worth while. Be OK when we get
the bridge)

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk
You can use 1" plastic conduit to make the hoops from and plastic sheeting to cover.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Granity" wrote in message

...-

http://tinyurl.com/yby3xok

(There are some out of use tunnels, plastic long since gone, here on
the
Isle of Wight if you are "that" local. Ferry fares would mean you would
have
to be a Premium Bond winner today to make it worth while. Be OK when we
get
the bridge)

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

You can use 1" plastic conduit to make the hoops from and plastic
sheeting to cover.

If you can do that and want an offcut of the type/size/thickness you choose,
if they can't/won't put one in the post to you, give me an email and I will
pop in and see them. They are just round the corner to me and I use them a
lot. (email via rneba site)

Old 08-12-2009, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone in the group advise on a small commercial grade polytunnel.
10ft to 15ft in length. I have had bad experiences with sunday magazine
rubbish but wondered if the suppliers of nurseries go down to this size.
Thanks Mike.

Just been into Plastics by Post and made an enquiry. What you want is here

http://www.plasticsbypost.net/mainpa...housespage.htm