Old 03-12-2009, 06:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Figs

Davej wrote:
I am thinking of trying something next Spring. My figs never produce
more than a handful of fruit because it seems they need about a month
more warm weather than they get here. I'm wondering if I built a cold
frame over them in the Spring if I could perhaps warm the soil and get
them started growing a month earlier. Does anyone do this? thanks.

I haven't done that because I don't have the problem but it sounds like an
idea worth trying to me if it is not going to be too expensive. How big
would the cold frame have to be?

David