Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Rosemary

On 2009-12-04 13:36:13 +0000, "Ragnar" said:

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have always pruned my rosemary after flowering, that is fine and it
works but what do you do when your Rosemary is flowering right now at the
start of the winter :-)

kate

Don't prune it now - winter frosts will damage the plant. Rosemary can
be a bit tender so take a couple of cuttings as possible replacements.
R.

Yes I have got some cuttings waiting in the wings, isn't it fun to find
things flowering out of season, its a real joy on a horrid day altho today
has not been so bad so far :-)

kate

Yes it is fun. My wife counted 23 different plants flowering in our front
garden alone including welsh poppies, cowslips, geraniums, pinks, fuschias.
R.

Lots of things flowering but we still have the most appalling low
cloud, grey and gloomy day here. But the other day I drove through a
lane near here and there was a clump of cow parsley in full flower,
with more to come. That did cheer me up.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com