Old 18-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Fran Kirby

Default Seeking Vanilla aphylla information

Try a google search for leafless orchids ...
http://fig.cox.miami.edu/~scofield/s...h_vanilla.html

--
/\ /\
\/ \/

"Al" wrote in message
: I did a search online and came up with a few links in German and one in
: English...didn't learn very much from any of them.
:
: If I am reading the botanical name correctly "aphylla" means leafless, and
: the cuttings i just received would tend to bare this out since they are
just
: 12" pieces of stem that are a bit desiccated from their journey. I just
: remembered and hunted down an article on leafless orchids in a recent
: "Orchids" magazine and Vanilla aphylla is listed there, so with this
: confirmed I am still seeking culture advice. My initial plan is to lay
the
: desiccated stems on damp moss until they revive and then affix them to
: something upright once I figure out which end is up...
:
: Al
:
: