Old 07-12-2009, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Revised use for the manure heap

"Sacha" wrote ...
"Muddymike" said:

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

It is interesting, thanks, Mike. But I thought people had been drying and
using e.g. cow pats as fuel for centuries? I've never tried it myself !

Certainly in rural India you see stacks of cow pat patties all along the
roadside, they look like little huts, and you often see women making the
patties by hand. Seems different areas have their own design of stack, some
are quite ornamental.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden