Old 18-04-2003, 03:08 AM
RichToyBox

Default koi breeding

Jerri,

Might be, or the number and size of fish is small. The eggs are hard to
see. They are clear and sticky. If you lift out the plant pots, any rocks,
or any other object and look at it closely, you will see eggs everywhere.
There were so many last year, that trying to pick stuff up, I was crushing
the eggs. I usually have three days of spawning a year. Two on the full
moon in May and one on the full moon in June. At least one of the spawns
will cover the pond in milt. Nitrites went to about 60 within several days.
That's 10 times the ability of the test kit.
--
RichToyBox

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
The spawn will not be
unnoticed. The top of the pond will be covered with white foam, milt.

My koi have spawned for years now. I have watched them, and have a few

babies
survive every year. I have never seen the eggs or the milt....could it be
because the pond is large? Jerri