Old 13-12-2009, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Herb Gardening

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 22:50:57 +0000, MackW
wrote:

Greetings to all. I am new to the forum. A while back I discovered the
rewards of herb gardening. Vegetables were always my first choice when
it came to gardening but they can't compare with the fun and excitement
of raising herbs. They can make your food taste better, provide
medicinal cures, charm you with fragrant aromas, enhance your landscape
and help out with pest control in the garden. So why don't you start
your herb garden today?

I was just visiting with some of the herbs. It's in the 40's this
morning after 20's and 30's for days. The rue, sage, rosemary, yarrow,
comfrey (surprised - that's usually gone this time of year), parsley,
oregano (I suppose - I didn't drop by the oregano/garlic chives area)
and catnip are all doing well and lovely to see against the brownish
background. The passionflower is just about dormant, probably planning
the conquering of the universe next year, as opposed to just our
little section of it. I've seen a few brave dandelions trying to
bloom in my day to day travels.

Inside the aloe veras and bay tree have the challenge of living inside
for the winter with a young cat who seems to think having dirt and
plants inside is one of the best things in the world. She gets smelly
poop from nibbling on the aloes. Silly girl.