Old 16-12-2009, 06:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Beans romping away

"0tterbot" wrote in message
. au...
I've not grown beans for a few years and I'd forgotten how fast they can
grow. I swear that some of mine grew 2 inches in less that 24 hours in
the last couple of days.

my veggies are a little pitiful atm (how i wish it would rain!) but the
beans have just done that bean-thing you mention! it's really rather fun
:-)

:-)) It is,isn't it. I reckon they've grwon another 6 inches since that

this year i await to see if some of the plants go weird, like with every
other year. how i wish i could work out what is going on.

So far there have been no signs of anything weird here except for seeing the
rhubarb lying flat on its back. A bit of water fixed that problem.

i absolutely love raw beans. bliss!

Not quite as good as raw asparagus though.