Old 18-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Cass

Default If Not E. Veyrat Hermanos, What?

Good evening, Allegra. Thanks for sorting through this with me. I may
have solved the puzzle and will followup tomorrow....but the plant "Tam
Glow" is not old. This I concluded based on the basals: not barky and
wedged into the electrical/gas meter fixtures, ergo, utility meters
predated the rose. In addition, it has the appearance of a budded rose:
there is only one cane growing out of the ground. And, just as
importantly, I saw the same rose growing over a trellis at the local
Smith and Hawken store. S & H was closed, but tomorrow I shall go into
the nursery and examine the label of the rose.....but as I recall, when
I studied all their established roses which started flowering very
early this year, it was a noisette, and I think it was Jaune Desprez.

You know why they have security at courthouses, don't you? It's so
people can't shoot the clerks.

--
Cass