Old 18-04-2003, 06:08 AM

Default Purple or Lavendar Roses

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:58:49 +0000 (UTC), Ann Mansker
wrote:

purpleme wrote:
: Do they exist? I have looked online and everything I've found under purple
: is really more a mauve. I want something that's a true shade of purple...
: TIA

Simply Marvelous! is a nice light purple. Intrigue, if you have the
climate for it, can be a beautiful rich purple. There is also Bayse's
Purple, which I haven't seen in real life. Also Stephen's Big Purple
which is not to my eye a true purple, but more of a red-violet. However,
a given variety can be different shades in different places or at
different times of the year, so maybe sometimes it's right in there.

Ann M.

I've got Simply Marvelous growing, and I have to say it looks pink to
me.

Rebecca