Old 19-12-2009, 04:50 AM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Holiday fun - a quiz on fruits and veges

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
I made this up for my own amusement and to annoy my family over Christmas
dinner so thought I might share. One or two questions are in nearly every
trivia list to do with fruits and vegetables. One or two are quite arcane.
If you know six or more you are probably an experienced gardener. If you
know them all without peeking at a reference you probably have a garden a
bit like mine and read the same books. Enjoy.

(10) The rosella can be made into an unusual vibrant purple cordial or
jam. What part of the plant is so used?

I will take #10 for 300, Alex,... that would be the flower aka, Hibiscus
rosa sabdariffa.