Old 18-04-2003, 08:20 AM
pied piper

Default Bumpy Lawn

"Mr G" wrote in message
. ..
I had a lawn laid about a year a go and it is very bumpy. I rolled it
several times after laying but this had little effect. I know I should be
calling back the idiot who laid in the first place but is there something

could try myself? Previously I hired a roller that I filled with water but
this did not seem very heavy. Are heavier, larger rollers available and
would they be any use to me?

TIA

roller will not make it flatter try setting your mower low and scalp the
bumps also water then scarify the high areas taking the surface off then
spike and re sow some seed
or the other option top dress your lawn using 70/30 mix sand/loam and use a
lute to level off