Old 22-12-2009, 09:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Tomatoe grafting from Johnny's Spam Spam Spam

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/22/2009 1:25 AM, Bill who putters wrote:
Something else I never heard of before. Came in the mail this AM.

[promotional spam snipped]

Even experts often get only 50% success. This requires effort and (if
you have to buy the root stock) expense that cannot be justified for
an annual.

I suppose if you live in a high-rise and have room for one or two plants the
expense of buying these might be justified. In my situation with plenty of
room and viable seed what do I care if each plant gives less than the
ultimate yield.

David

My take is a bit different. I read planting root stock seed along with
your heirlooms. The why the interesting issue. Vigorous heirlooms the
reason for the effort. Here a another link.

http://www.eecofarm.org/dp/node/80

be sure to peruse the links in the first post as it touched on some
interesting ideas.

http://www.growingformarket.com/articles/20080526

Bill

--