Old 24-12-2009, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Camellia chinensis or sinensis

Dave Hill wrote:
On 21 Dec, 23:30, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from Dave Hill contains these words:

I took these pictures at the end of November in a couple of gardens in
Shanghai, they had them labeled Camellia chinensis, but I see that the
plant finder calls then sinensis,

Sinensis means, "of China".

Janet

I know
I just found the flowers to be lovely.

I bought a packet of nuts from Chiltern Seeds many years back. None
germinated, though they all looked viable after two years.

Promble being, that the real viability of the nuts is really short.

Something I've always wanted, my own small tea plantation innit.

--
Rusty