Old 25-12-2009, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_4_] Zootal[_4_] is offline

Default Seed for Growing Tomato

"Jean B." wrote in message
Zootal wrote:
"Zootal" wrote in message
"tomatogrower" wrote in
message ...
The Most popular and recommended suppliers as per my point of view a
Suttons Seeds, Dobies Seeds, Unwins Seeds and Thompson & Morgan. May
kindly share, if you have more variety in this regard.

--
tomatogrower
I've always bought from Gurneys and Henries (which are owned by the same

I might also mention that RareSeeds has seeds for over 200 different
tomatoes, categorized by color into 8 groups.

Thanks for mentioning RareSeeds http://rareseeds.com/

I, too, am increasingly interested in such seeds and plants. I wonder
why!

--
Jean B.

Initially it was their variety that first attracted me. So many different
types of tomatoes and eggplants! I grew ten different types of tomatoes last
year, and I think eight different types of eggplants. About ten different
types of peppers. None of their seeds are hybrid, so you can save the seeds
if you are carefull not to cross breed them. Now I'm to the point of growing
only heirlooms and open pollenated plants, and I save more of my seeds each
year.

Now it's the end of December. I have one last tomatillo sitting on the
shelf. Maybe 4 or 5 onions left. Everything else is either eaten, canned, or
frozen. I almost never buy any kind of fresh or frozen produce from the
store because I can and freeze enough to get me through the winter. I almost
cry when I see the withered and overpriced zuccinis at the store, and
remember all the fresh ones I had. Planting 10 summer squash plants was
probably not the wisest thing I did, but I had no shortage of squash! And
there are soo many to choose from!