Old 29-12-2009, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Seed for Growing Tomato

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:30:26 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

On Dec 26, 12:31*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:26:25 -0500, tomatogrower

wrote:

The Most popular and recommended suppliers as per my point of view a
Suttons Seeds, Dobies Seeds, Unwins Seeds and Thompson & Morgan. May
kindly share, if you have more variety in this regard.

In the US, I like Johnny's, Park's, Pinetree and wherever it is I find
Bradley's.

Glad to see this thread! I was getting tired of the "usual
suspects"
available at the nurseries and home-owner stores.

Which of the above-listed (including the heirlooms) would do best in
So. Calif. coastal. Note that I like a "sharp" acidic? tomato, not a
bland one. For eating, not necessarily cooking.

Your recommendations appreciated.

Persephone

I really don't know about your growing climate - Bradley's are a
southern tomato - pretty acidic if you grow the real deal. Johnny's
has a tomato called First Lady that I like a lot too. Park's Whopper
is a beefstake, I think.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.