Old 30-12-2009, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Seed for Growing Tomato

In article , "Jean B."
wrote:

Green Zebra's have a nice amount of acid, as do some of the other
green types. Probably you, like I, would not be too fond of the
black types.

I had Black Krim last year, but they didn't produce much for me. Good
tomato though.

I like Green Zebra and Blondkopfchen because they hold up well against
encroaching winter, when other tomatoes have started to turn to mush.
Then there are the Brandywines and the German Striped for slicing, the
Stupice to get the season started, and the Yellow Pear, because it
always volunteers:O)

It's winter, and time to plan. Spring is just a couple of months away,
so I got pencil and paper, and I'm figuring out my crop rotation and
what's gonna' go where.

Got me a T5, k5000 bay light this year. I'll start germinating seeds in
Feb. Come May, I should have nearly mature plants to put in the ground.
I'll put down clear plastic strips on either side of the row crops to
warm the ground some (I'm on the north side of a hill), but I want to
leave space around the plants for hand watering (It's therapeutic.).
--
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm