Old 02-01-2010, 08:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wild Bill[_3_] Wild Bill[_3_] is offline

Default Seed for Growing Tomato

"Zootal" wrote in message

"Zootal" wrote in message

"tomatogrower" wrote in message

The Most popular and recommended suppliers as per my point of view a
Suttons Seeds, Dobies Seeds, Unwins Seeds and Thompson & Morgan. May
kindly share, if you have more variety in this regard.

--
tomatogrower

I've always bought from Gurneys and Henries (which are owned by the same
parent company) and RareSeeds.com. RareSeeds gets more and more of my
business as they have a wonderful selection of heirloom and different
seeds from around the world, and I find myself more and more interested
in these varieties. Gurneys is for the average run of the mill seeds.

I had a disastrous experience with Gurney's about 5 years ago and they did
nothing to fix the situation. I will never deal with them again...ever!
Rareseeds.com is Baker Creek Heirloom seeds, and one of my favorites. They
are extremely generous with their packets also.

I might also mention that RareSeeds has seeds for over 200 different
tomatoes, categorized by color into 8 groups.