Old 18-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Gordon Couger

Default Agrochemical sales decline - 12 % in the last five years

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:19:21 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:52:54 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .
P A N U P S
Pesticide Action Network Updates Service
Agrochemical Sales Flat in 2002

April 14, 2003

Agrow World Crop Protection News reports that 2002 agrochemical
sales were essentially flat worldwide, at US $27.7 billion.
Accounting for inflation and currency shifts, Agrow estimates
agrochemical sales actually fell by 1.5% in 2002. In 2001 the
market also shrank by 4.1%, thus the new figures bring the
overall decline to 12% in the last five years.

I expect that the fall in ag chemicals is correlated to snip

Without data, your interpretation is mere speculation.

True, it is speculation but it is base on what I consider good logic.

That's a small comfort, considering that the result of your
speculation is inconsistent with the data you have at hand,
but choose to ignore.

Where is it inconstat wiht the data?

I think my assment is more likey to be correct than yours as i have 45 years
experaince framing and heve farmener rasing 200 acres of no till cotton and
you can't manage to rasie an organic garden with out the slugs taking it.

By the way I can raise an organig garden as well.

You single demensional view of the world is tiresome. How some one can flogg
the a horse dead 100 year as a way to feed the world by someone that has a
degree in science is beyond me. Before the process to make ammonia from
natural gas was perfected in the early 1900's Europe was on the edge of a
food crises from the lack of nitrogen and they had a great deal more farm
manure than they do now.

It is rather ironic that Habber go the Nobel piece price for his process to
manufacture ammonia when he main target was explosives for WW1.

Manure is a pretty good source of nitrogen if you spread it as soon as it
leaves the cow. Every minute it is exposed to the element is loosing
nitrogen. It is a very good soil conditioner.