Old 18-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Easter Lily

Last year someone brought me a salvaged Easter Lily. After flowering,
I kept the plant alive over the summer. The main stalk began dying
late-summer but produced little plantlets along the dying stalk.

These are like Brussel sprouts. If you take these off the stalk and
place them on dirt, they grow into a new plant. So I ended up with a
quart container with nearly a dozen plants. Kind of crowded, so I
moved that to a 5 gallon container this Spring.

There is one main stalk with nearly a dozen flower buds and nearly a
dozen smaller stalks with one to several flower buds. I do not think
these will flower by Easter - but they will come out next week. So I
ended up with an Easter Week Lily.

Salvaging this plant became an interesting project.

Rusty Mase