Old 18-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Rusty Mase

Default Easter Lily

Last year someone brought me a salvaged Easter Lily. After flowering,
I kept the plant alive over the summer. The main stalk began dying
late-summer but produced little plantlets along the dying stalk.

These are like Brussel sprouts. If you take these off the stalk and
place them on dirt, they grow into a new plant. So I ended up with a
quart container with nearly a dozen plants. Kind of crowded, so I
moved that to a 5 gallon container this Spring.

There is one main stalk with nearly a dozen flower buds and nearly a
dozen smaller stalks with one to several flower buds. I do not think
these will flower by Easter - but they will come out next week. So I
ended up with an Easter Week Lily.

Salvaging this plant became an interesting project.

Rusty Mase
Old 18-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Terry Horton

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:29:15 -0500, Rusty Mase
wrote:

Salvaging this plant became an interesting project.

Sounds like fun, Rusty.
Old 19-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Karen

Rusty Mase wrote in
:
So I ended up with an Easter Week Lily.

I saw that Easter lilies are selling for $20 at Walmart, so you saved
a lot of money.

Karen
Old 19-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Rusty Mase

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:46:37 GMT, Karen
wrote:

I saw that Easter lilies are selling for $20 at Walmart, so you saved
a lot of money.

And $18 at Albertson's for puny ones. You would have to force them in
a greenhouse to get them to flower before late-April, though.

Attractive plant, though. I will put up some pictures when it gets
around to flowering.

Rusty Mase

Easter lily Val Gardening 3 27-04-2009 08:26 PM
Post Easter Markdown - Hyacinths and Easter Lillies [email protected] Gardening 2 19-04-2009 04:34 PM
Easter Greeting - Easter 09.jpg [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 0 12-04-2009 12:27 AM
Easter Greeting - Easter 7.JPG [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 3 09-04-2007 01:30 AM
Easter Lily question Jimbo Gardening 8 28-07-2004 03:02 PM