Old 06-01-2010, 05:53 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] infodex@mindspring.com is offline

Default Artichokes

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:28:03 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:19:48 -0500 in
wrote:

Too late for that. The exposed foliage is already dead.

They are in containers, on a south-facing deck, about eight feet off
the ground. I did a quick Google and found something that says I
should prune the dead foliage and mulch the surface and they will come
back in the spring. Guess I'll do that and keep my fingers crossed.

The trouble is in a container in the weather
we've been having it'll freeze through and through.

Yeah, I worry about that, but I have no place to put them in the
ground where they will get any sun. If they die, they die. I've
already cut in half the list of things I'll plant next year, so maybe
artichokes will not make the cut either.