Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Simonite Paul Simonite is offline

Default green taters

The message
from K contains these words:
\snip\
I would be using them for adding to my compost heap
rahter than eaating.

Don't you end up with rather a lot of 'volunteers' in your compost heap?
--
Kay

We do get quite a few growing in the heaps but they all turn out nice
and clean, slug free and tasty. Our heaps are made from EU pallets
arranged into cubes and linked together. There are four of these cubes
side-by-side. We allow the spuds to grow inthe first two, turn the
third into the fouth after emptying fourth into garden/home-made potting
compost, etc.. The second is turned into vacant third and first into
second after spuds have been harvested. Waste not, want not :-)

--
Compo - Still here.