Old 18-04-2003, 04:32 PM
simy1

Default Q. Lowest hardening plants temperature??????

c (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message ...
Zone 5/6, Western Pa.. I've started tomatoes, moonflowers, pumpkins and castor
plants from seeds. They are no longer under the grow light. They all have their
second leaves.
I have them on a cart, push 'em out on the deck around noon, bring 'em in the
evening. My question.........what would be the lowest nighttime temperature
that I could leave them outside?

As Dwight says, it depends on whether you cover them (say, with
plastics, Tom Ridge-like), or not. Mine are covered and will take high
30s without a problem.
So do squash seedlings, however okra and basil seedlings will die at
temperatures
below 40 and 45 respectively.