Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Jonah Jonah is offline
Registered User

I am in Northampton, not much difference in weather. You need to decide what you like to eat.

I like shallots, so I plant those earliest in the year in February usually.

Then if you have a greenhouse you could get some broad beans under way in pots so that you just plant them out later.

Next its the onions.

Then some potatoes in Early April ready for harvesting about mid June.

Then its cabbage plants, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, sprouting broccoli (brassica plants)

Main crop potatoes to harvest in September.

Of course there are many books of a general vegetable gardeners year. You can grow anything as long as it likes it. Shelter from the wind helps plants grow more quickly and earlier thant others in a colder area. A greenhouse is an asset as you can grow seeds to plants and plant out lettuce later after all frosts have gone. I am not an expert, but I try to grow what I like. Do email me if you want answers from someone who may not know all the answers but at least I will not laugh and will try to help.

Jonah