Old 18-04-2003, 04:56 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] azalea cuttings

Billy is right. Wait for the new shoots to extend to a few inches and
all the new leaves to harden off. Snap the stems off cleanly where they
join last years growth. Strip off the lowest leaves. Hormone dip and
root in a 50/50 peat and drainage material such as sharp sand or
vermiculite. Keep in partial shade and mist regularly. I don't water the
soil on mine again until I notice new growth. Some root in a month or so
and others take 2 or 3 months.

Good luck

Kev Bailey