Old 18-01-2010, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Re-using compost

"Carryduff" wrote

I would like to re-use last years compost from my raised beds and would
appreciate any and all advice as to what I would need to add to return
it to its original state. Surely there has to be a better way than just
throwing it all out. Thanks

Just dig it in, unless your raised bed is on concrete you don't need to
replace the soil/compost every year, I don't replace all the soil on my
allotment annually.
Incorporate some well rotted manure which you can purchase in bags at most
GCs.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden