Old 19-01-2010, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default The truth about Martin Luther King on MLK day

In article
,
Rusty Trombone wrote:

The Truth About "Martin Luther King, Jr."

Thanks for reminding us.

The truth is that he was a great man. A man who spoke truth to power,
even when it put his own life in jeopardy. A man who looked at the
contents of a man's heart, not just the color of his skin. A man of
peace, who is sorely missed today.

Even as America has turned it's back on those who would use race to
divide us, those who would seek privilege based on the color of their
skin, those who wish to distract our attention away from the important
tasks that lie before us to protect all the citizens of the world, we
need to remember that even as we have moved forward, the journey to
equality and justice is not over.

Martin Luther King, Jr. didn't have to die. He could have walked away to
become an old man, bouncing his grandchildren on his knee, but he stood
firm to give us a dream of what could be, a dream of a better world, a
world with equality, justice, and dignity for all.

Thank you, Reverend King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm