Old 18-01-2010, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Re-using compost

"Carryduff" wrote in message

I would like to re-use last years compost from my raised beds and would
appreciate any and all advice as to what I would need to add to return
it to its original state. Surely there has to be a better way than just
throwing it all out. Thanks

It isn't normally thrown out. Just keep adding fresh compost on top of the
old. The old compost will be gradually reduced by continuing decomposition
so there will be suprisingly little build up of volume in your beds.

Tim W