Old 20-01-2010, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default White stuff is back :-(

"Spider" wrote in message
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
It is snowing again, the roads are coping but it is settling on paths and
grass, thank goodness I got a full days work in the garden yesterday, I
think I will stay by the fire today and make plans

kate

Forest of Dean

Poor you! We've been threatened with some light snow but, at the moment,
it's 2.5degC outside, so the showers we've had have remained wet. Hope it
stays that way.

I had an afternoon in the garden on Sunday, but it's pretty dismal out
there. It's too early to count losses yet, but there are some very
sad-looking specimens:~(. I spent most of the time cutting old leaves
off Hellebores, sweeping up and picking fallen twigs off the lawn.

I'll have another look around at the weekend. Alas, I have a recurring
mould problem in my office, so indoors has more call on my time just now.

Have you considered growing mushrooms?

Alternatwively, post to 'uk.d-i-y' for advice :-)