Old 22-01-2010, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Johnson[_2_] Alan Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Digital Min/Max Thermometer

Ford Prefect wrote:
I know someone asked about a min/max thermometer a few weeks ago but
what I've been looking for with no luck is a digital min/max
thermometer with (preferably wireless) PC connection and 2 or 3
sensors. All the ones I've seen that have PC connectability are
weather stations with loads of functions I just don't need or want to
pay extra for.
Can anyone on this list help?
Thanks.
Ford.
Sending from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.

I have a little Voltcraft temp./humidity datalogger. I think I bought it
from Conrad here in Germany. It may be available from their UK
stores/catalogue. Try searching for Voltcraft DL-120TH
temperature/humidity data logger. However, it's not wireless, it needs a
USB port. The data is then downloaded to the computer and a new time
series started. It has a small software interface allowing a name to be
entered, the number of sample points (this can be thousands) and the
sampling rate (the time between measurements - anything between 2 secs.
and 24 hrs.). So you can measure for anything between a couple of hours
up to many months, depending on your setup. You can specify high and low
temperature and/or humidity alarms and stipulate whether the LEDs should
flash on the alarm value. It comes with a little plastic holder, which
can be glued or wall plugged to the wall.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan