Old 21-01-2010, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Digital Min/Max Thermometer

I know someone asked about a min/max thermometer a few weeks ago but
what I've been looking for with no luck is a digital min/max
thermometer with (preferably wireless) PC connection and 2 or 3
sensors. All the ones I've seen that have PC connectability are
weather stations with loads of functions I just don't need or want to
pay extra for.
Can anyone on this list help?
Thanks.
Ford.
Sending from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.
Old 22-01-2010, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ford Prefect wrote:
I know someone asked about a min/max thermometer a few weeks ago but
what I've been looking for with no luck is a digital min/max
thermometer with (preferably wireless) PC connection and 2 or 3
sensors. All the ones I've seen that have PC connectability are
weather stations with loads of functions I just don't need or want to
pay extra for.
Can anyone on this list help?
Thanks.
Ford.
Sending from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.

I have a little Voltcraft temp./humidity datalogger. I think I bought it
from Conrad here in Germany. It may be available from their UK
stores/catalogue. Try searching for Voltcraft DL-120TH
temperature/humidity data logger. However, it's not wireless, it needs a
USB port. The data is then downloaded to the computer and a new time
series started. It has a small software interface allowing a name to be
entered, the number of sample points (this can be thousands) and the
sampling rate (the time between measurements - anything between 2 secs.
and 24 hrs.). So you can measure for anything between a couple of hours
up to many months, depending on your setup. You can specify high and low
temperature and/or humidity alarms and stipulate whether the LEDs should
flash on the alarm value. It comes with a little plastic holder, which
can be glued or wall plugged to the wall.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan
Old 26-01-2010, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks Alan,
Did a bit of a surf and the Voltcraft looks a nice little unit,
however I was hoping to find one that had a central unit that plugs
(or sends data wirelessly) into a PC and receives temp info from
wireless sensors.
Quick question on the Voltcraft DL-120TH can it be left say in a
greenhouse for a week and record data every 24 hours then connected to
the PC and produce a graph of daily min/max temps for that week?
Thanks again,
Ford.

Old 27-01-2010, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Ford Prefect wrote:
Thanks Alan,
Did a bit of a surf and the Voltcraft looks a nice little unit,
however I was hoping to find one that had a central unit that plugs
(or sends data wirelessly) into a PC and receives temp info from
wireless sensors.
Quick question on the Voltcraft DL-120TH can it be left say in a
greenhouse for a week and record data every 24 hours then connected to
the PC and produce a graph of daily min/max temps for that week?

Hi Ford,

If I understand you correctly, no, it won't log discrete days over a
week. But it will log the temperature and humidity for the week. It
needs to be programmed to do that, which is very simple. You could also
cover two weeks, a month, even a year. It has its own built-in graph
viewer but will also export the data as an Excel, text, or Bitmap file.
In Excel you can then split the data into discrete days, if that's what
you are after (also very simple). Good for comparisons, obviouisly.

Does that help?

Regards

Alan
Old 27-01-2010, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:41:20 +0100, Alan Johnson
wrote:

Ford Prefect wrote:
[...]

Thanks again Alan,
Sounds the closest to what I'm after so far.
Thanks again for the info.