Old 24-01-2010, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default ATTN: Sacha

Last Wednesday I bought a bag of mixed dried beans from my local
international food store.1kg

I used 1/4 of this bag

Soaked them for 24 hours.(swolen to twice the origional size)

I boiled them with an "upper hock"(?)of pig

3 cloves Garlic
1/2 kg (a pound)english onions(the eye watering kind)
A couple of bay leaves
2 black peppercorns
Salt

simmered for 3 hours.

Sacha it was wonderful, thick and creamy after the beans had broken up a
bit.

NOT the Jersey traditional recipe, but my lot loved it and said we ought
to do it again.

I was tempted to tell you about the musical interlude afterwards, but I
resisted;-)

Please give it a go yourself, and let us know

Kind regards
Part_No