Old 24-01-2010, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Herbs and Deer

On Jan 24, 10:03*am, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 03:16:57 -0800, wrote:
On Jan 24, 12:30*am, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:50:36 +0000, General Schvantzkoph wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 05:51:19 -0800, wrote:

Are there Herbs that will deter Deer from the garden?

MJ

Any guy named Herb who owns a shotgun.

On a serious note try hanging bars of Irish Spring around your garden.
I've been doing it for a couple of years but I can't really make a
statement about it's efficacy because I don't get that many deer. I got
the idea from the Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
in Vermont, they were using it around their gardens.

I can make a statement, it didn't work at all MJ

Have you tried predator urine? I've been using Fox and Coyote urine to
keep away groundhogs and raccoons away, it seems to have worked. Once
again I can't make a scientific statement but the theory behind predator
urine seems a little better then the theory behind Irish Spring.

Is it expensive and how often to you have to put it out?
MJ