Old 26-01-2010, 08:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
Steve[_36_] Steve[_36_] is offline

Default The many faces of climate change.

Steve wrote:
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

I can see how this sudden announcement would be gauling if you were
relying on that resource.
You mean Galling.

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it

Sorry I am not familiar with QLD dam building policy. What
opportunity is this? What dams is the QLD government not building?

Any that may be needed, and taking advantage of the drought we have at
times.
water become artificially scarce, because now you havent got any
water, they start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Water is not an infinite resource. The only way to get a sensible
water policy and cost effective water use is if it has a reasonable
value. If it seems "free" to some people (nothing is ever really
free) it is overused and used on things because the opportunity is
there not because there is a good business case for doing it that way.

Youre talking crap when we let corperations use it to drive out small
stake holders. Water is being used. If you know American history its
happening again in Australia. Water is being used to screw farmers.

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on
us all?

Are you voicing an objection to two policies here or is there a
connection between water policy and carbon tax?

You cant see this? Are you somehow being misled regarding Climate
change, water policy and attempts to gain advantages over small land
holders?

David