Old 18-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Alan Gould

Default Creosote or tar on sleepers

In article , Lord Hawke
writes
In article , Michael Saunby
writes

| Creosote treated sleepers are now banned from sale, as is creosote due
| to carcinogenic properties.

I saw both light and dark creosote on sale today [16.04.03] in B&Q.

Yet our B&Q, only about 40 miles from Lincolnshire tell me they have no
sleepers in stock and will no longer be stocking sleepers of any kind.

Alas, given the lack of motivation of dstaff there, and their knowledge
about gardening products, I wouldn't be in the lerast surprised to see
them on special offer next week.

I was buying plumbing sundries in the S****horpe B&Q. I didn't go
outside to the gardening area that time, so I don't know if they were
selling sleepers, but they had plenty of creosote on sale in the timber
treatment section. I agree that it shouldn't be permitted, but then they
sell a lot of other equally toxic preparations.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.