Old 26-01-2010, 11:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default The many faces of climate change.

"Steve" wrote in message
Water drill ban has farmers fuming
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

First they take the opportunity to stop building dams, then as it water
become artificially scarce, becuase now you havent got any water, they
start charging for it, when it used to be free.

Qld isn't the only place where paying for water has happened.

I remember that there used to be a 'free' water amount in the rates and you
only paid 'excess' once you went over the 'free' component. These days, my
daughter, who lives where we used to get that 'free' component, now has to
pay for ever litre of water used.

Any one want to stop breathing, as youre consuming my oxygen and
breathing out CO2.
Oh yes wasn't that part of the Carbon tax they were going to put on us
all?

Irony noted.

Well that's their attitude. Who? The Governments we have voted in. Its
time for another party.

You haven't been paying attention if you think there is any real difference.

I don't see any real reason for change of parties yet (other than your
personal political preference). I'm sure that an urgent need for change
will arise in either the next term or the one after that as governments of
every political persuasion are just like underwear: they need to be changed
often to keep them fresh and doing the job they're supposed to do.

So far I'm disappointed in Krudd's government but then I always said the
worst thing about the Howard government was that they were flea training any
future incoming gvernment and Krudd certainly learned from watching the
appalling manipulation by Howard of the Australian voter.

Howard treated Joe Voter as if he was stupid by making no loud noises or
sudden moves. His manipulation of the voting public kept voters feeling
'relaxed and comfortable' and not using their brains to actually think about
anything important. It meant his government effectively got away with doing
sod all for a whole 11 years at a time when we were going through a boom.
What a bloody waste when they could have done something effective about the
aging infrastucture of this country.