Old 26-01-2010, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Pruning roses

Kate Morgan wrote:
I am pleased to see that I am not the only nutter who feels that as long as
the plant is alive I have to leave it alone to live as long as it wants to
:-) I do nearly all my pruning and cutting down at this time of the year
because I cannot see little green bits that tell me the plant is alive, yes

Not such a problem with roses, but when I prune the soft fruit bushes I feel
obliged to plant every single branch I cut off if it has any new buds on it
(which most of them do). I have about a billion blackcurrant plants
growing!